Tax Forms Center
Form 1040A Banking SaveWealth Advisors Contact Important Links About SaveWealth Store Save on Travel Reducing Taxes Retirement Planning Estate Planning Tax Forms - Income Tax Forms

Advertising Information

SaveWealth Home

IRS Tax Forms

State Tax Forms

Filing Taxes

Reducing Taxes

Which 1040 Do I Use?

Tax Forms Defined

2018 Tax Law Changes

2018 Income Tax Rates

Software and Supplies

Tax Links



Tax   Forms
    2011 Tax Year


Based on your answers, you may be able to file Form 1040A. While it's not as brief as Form 1040EZ, it is quicker to file than the full Form 1040.

The IRS allows you to file Form 1040A if ALL six of the following apply:

You only earned income from:

  • Wages, salaries, tips
  • Interest and ordinary dividends
  • Capital gain distributions
  • Taxable scholarship and fellowship grants
  • Pensions, annuities and IRAs
  • Unemployment compensation
  • Taxable social security and railroad retirement benefits
  • Taxable scholarship and fellowship grants
  • Alaska Permanent Fund dividends

The only adjustments to income you can claim are:

  • Educator expenses
  • IRA deduction
  • Student loan interest deduction
  • Tuition and fees deduction
You do not itemize deductions.
Your taxable income is less than $100,000.

The only credits you can claim are the credit for child and dependent care expenses, the making work pay credit, the government retiree credit, the earned income credit, the credit for the elderly or the disabled, education credits (including the American opportunity credit), the child tax credit, the additional child tax credit, and the retirement savings contribution credit.

You did not have an alternative minimum tax (AMT) adjustment on stock you acquired from the exercise of an incentive stock option.


If you do not meet all of these requirements, you will need to file Form 1040. Otherwise, you should be able to use Form 1040A.

And if you haven't already done so, you can download Form 1040A for free from You can also file your 1040 online through FileOnline, powered by TurboTax.

Click here to file 1040A online
Click here to download 1040A






 and its associates do not provide tax advice. Always consult your tax professional if you have questions. For more legal information, please click here.

©2019 SaveWealth. All rights reserved.