Banking SaveWealth Advisors Contact Important Links About SaveWealth Store Save on Travel Reducing Taxes Retirement Planning Estate Planning Tax Forms - Income Tax Forms

SaveWealth Home

IRS Tax Forms

State Tax Forms

Filing Taxes

Reducing Taxes

Which 1040 Do I Use?

Tax Forms Defined

2018 Tax Law Changes

2018 Income Tax Rates

Software and Supplies

Tax Links







Tax   Forms
    2018 Tax Year

IRS Tax Forms Defined

Wading through the maze of tax forms is no easy task. That's why we've defined these forms to help you choose which ones you need.

Form 1040
US Individual Income Tax Return

The tax form to use if you cannot use Form 1040EZ or Form 1040A. Use Form 1040 to report all types of income, including those you cannot put on Form 1040A or Form 1040EZ. You must use Form 1040 if your taxable income is $50,000 or greater.

Form 1040A
US Individual Income Tax Return

The tax form to use if you meet certain requirements, including taxable income under $50,000. If you do not meet these requirements, use Form 1040.

Form 1040-EZ
US Individual Income Tax Return

A quick and easy tax form to use if you meet certain requirements, including taxable income under $50,000. If you do not meet these requirements, use Form 1040A or Form 1040.

Schedule A
Itemized Deductions

Schedule A allows you to itemize your deductions, and is filed in conjunction with Form 1040.

Schedule B
Interest/Dividend Income

Schedule B is used to report interest or dividends over $400, answer foreign accounts and foreign trust questions, or report any interest or dividend income if certain conditions apply. Schedule B is filed in conjunction with Form 1040.

Schedule C
Profit or Loss from Business

Used to report any profits or losses (subject to self-employment tax) from a business you operated, or a profession in which you were a sole proprietor. Also used to report wages and expenses you had as a statutory employee.

Schedule D
Capital Gains and Losses

Form used to itemize any capital gains or losses on investments and real estate. (Note: may be reduced through use of Charitable Trusts). For individuals with significant capital gains and/or losses to report, consider downloading Schedule D-1 (Continuation Sheet)

Schedule E
Supplemental Income or Loss

Used to report income or loss from rental real estate, royalties, partnerships, estates, trusts, S Corporations, and REMICs (residual interests).

Schedule EIC
Earned Income Credit

If you can take the earned income credit and have a qualifying child, use Schedule EIC to give information about that child.

Schedule F
Profit or Loss from Farming

Use Schedule F to report income and expenses from any farming activities.

Schedule H
Household Employment Taxes

Use Schedule H to calculate employment taxes on cash wages you paid to a household employee, such as a babysitter, maid or nanny.

Schedule J
Farm Income Averaging

Schedule J is used with Form 1040 to calculate your 1998 tax liability by averaging, over the previous 3 years, all or part of your 2007 taxable income from farming. Schedule J may reduce your tax bill if your 1998 income from farming is high, and your taxable income from any of the 3 prior years was low.

Schedule R
Elderly and Disabled Credit

Used with Form 1040 to claim a tax credit for elderly or disabled dependents.

Schedule SE
Self-Employment Tax

Used to calculate your self-employment tax. Often used in combination with Schedule C.

Form W-2
Wage and Tax Statement

Used by employers to report income, social security, or Medicare taxes withheld for each employee. Employers also file this form for each employee from whom income tax would have been withheld IF the employee had claimed no more than one withholding allowance or had not claimed exemption from withholding on Form W-4.

Form W-4
Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate

Completed by an employee so that an employer can withhold the correct amount of federal income tax from each paycheck.

Form 4562
Depreciation and Amortization

Used to claim any deductions for depreciation and amortization. Also used to expense certain tangible property, and provide information on use of automobiles and other listed property for business use. Often used in conjunction with Schedule C.

Form 4868
Application for Extension of Time

Used to apply for four more months to file Form 1040A, Form 1040-EZ, or Form 1040. Taxpayers do not have to explain why they are requesting the extension, and the IRS will contact you only if the request is denied. Must still estimate your 1998 tax liability, and file Form 4868 by the regular due date (April 15, 2008).


Not able to find the IRS tax form you're looking for? Be sure to visit the IRS web site.










Sign-up to be notified when next year's tax forms are ready!












What's Your Tax Bracket?

Click here to find out!

















Adobe Acrobat Reader
is required to view and print any tax return forms (which you can download for free.)















©2017 SaveWealth. All rights reserved.